Charlottesville Area Weddings Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://www.charlottesvilleweddingblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Could You Plan A Wedding In A Week?

I'm not sure I could ... but I do know for a fact that it can be done... I saw it with my own eyes just this past weekend. And I'm not talking about a little elopement on the courthouse steps no sireee... I'm talking about a real wedding: chapel, flowers, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, live music, customized ceremony (yes, that was my part, thank you very much :-) ) including dearest friends and family and a lovely reception. Think I'm kidding?

But seriously... this amazing couple, Suzanne and Bob, live in Florida and have 5 sons between them from prior marriages. Bob went to school in Charlottesville and practiced medicine here back in the 80's so, on January 3 when some friends put the idea in his head that he and Suzanne could have their wedding at the UVA Chapel that was it! The wheels began to turn, they called the Boar's Head Inn, booked the Chapel, contacted me and everything fell into place for their wedding on the 12th. The best part was their 50 wonderful guests and 5 sons who wouldn't have missed it for anything. The loving and heartfelt toasts at their rehearsal dinner even had me and my husband in tears and we'd only met them for the first time that day!

Suzanne commented to me several times that she simply couldn't believe how easily and flawlessly everything fell into place for their plans, certainly it was meant to be. Alice Dalton at the Boar's Head worked quickly and efficiently behind the scenes to be sure things went off without a hitch, and they did... thank you Alice!

So, just in case you don't want to spend a year in the planning you now know for sure that a wedding on short notice can be done.

No comments: